Join Our Team
6028 Sheridan Drive , Williamsville, NY 14221 Buffalo, NY 14221
Are you excited by the opportunity to develop industry-leading recruiting technology?
Do others describe you as a high-achiever who loves technology and is motivated to continually improve your coding talent?
Do you wish you could have the autonomy of a freelancer, the excitement of a startup and the security of working for a well-established business?
Haley Marketing is seeking a kick-ass developer/analyst to join our product development team. We’re looking for an innovative thinker who is not afraid to take on big challenges. A person with attention to detail and a high-standard for excellence.
- Develop, debug, document, maintain and enhance internally developed end user applications.
- Provide end user training, documentation and support for applications developed/supported.
- Verify, validate, and test code changes.
- Consult with departmental personnel for requirements for new development/refinement and problem definition.
- Research and resolve problems with browsers, desktops, mobile devices, application and database servers and related software.
- Triage- Efficiently reproduce reported software problems, analyzing logs, data, and system results to provide comprehensive and robust information to developers so they can quickly resolve the problems.
- Debug- Help resolve difficult issues, often with little information, spanning across large and distributed systems.
- Support- Be available to help with critical customer issues that are reported to Success personnel. This includes reproducing and documenting production issues, analyzing logs, or clarifying intended functionality.
- Report- Track status on testing activities accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Test- Regularly, methodically, and consistently perform detail-oriented, robust testing of HMG products, including item-level, integration, regression, end-to-end (scenario), usability, installation, and compatibility testing.
- Collaborate- Work cooperatively and exhibit behavior that yields positive, constructive, and strong relationships with peers. Display positivity, flexibility, and patience. Able to work under pressure and accept supervision.
- Communicate- Clearly and concisely identify software defects and other issues, both in written and oral language. Speak with poise and calmly adapt to dynamic situations.
- Document- Ensure testing activities always lead towards the growth of HMG collective knowledge through strong test case and knowledge base documentation.
- Develop and Organize Tests- Create structured, clean, and cohesive test cases for all new features and/or functional changes in the software, organized into repeatable test suites.
- Develop Expertise- Build a deep understanding of HMG products, customers, product configurations, and data.
- Empathize- Develop a strong empathy for HMG clients and their needs.
- Learn- Display a passion for constant learning of new product features, technologies, and customer operational practices. Seek out information from peers about changes and document findings.
- Education and Experience- B.S. or B.A. degree. Track record of success.
- Testing Acumen- Working knowledge of testing principles and practices, breadth of understanding in testing methodologies, and experience performing a variety of kinds of manual testing.
- Database- Working knowledge of at least one RDBMS database and understanding of other types of databases and data storage means (i.e. caching solutions, NoSQL, Key/Value Stores), their benefits and purpose in software. Experience with MySQL a plus.
- Scripting- Ability to understand and or develop platform-specific scripting platforms. Linux/Mac BASH a plus.
- Logging- Working experience reading and analyzing log messages, and demonstrable understanding of the purpose and value of logging.
- Analytical Skills- Excellent analytical skills, close attention to detail supported by strong experience using MS Office applications: Excel, Word and PowerPoint, for presentation, organization and analysis.
- Communication- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently, maintain a professional demeanor, and work as a team member without daily supervision.
- Culture- Must be able to work in a dynamic, varied, and fast paced environment. Flexibility, tolerance to change, adaptation, pragmatism, and commitment are a necessity.
- Superstar - Haley Marketing ONLY hires Superstars!
Great projects, great clients, great co-workers, and no, we're not biased at all. We offer a strong compensation package that includes health insurance, 401K with match, profit sharing, and NO micro-management. We also have a terrific, casual culture where your opinion and ideas matter!
Ready to join the largest marketing firm serving the staffing and recruiting industry? If you have what it takes to be a successful Application Developer/Analyst with Haley Marketing, and you are legally authorized to work in the US, we really want to hear from you. Please apply now!
** Recruiters, please do not respond unless you are a current client of Haley Marketing. **
You will LOVE working for Haley Marketing...
And not just because we say so!
We'd love to tell you all the great reasons why you should apply to become part of our team. But instead, we thought you might like to see what a few members of the Haley team have to say:
- "I can't believe how much I have learned. Despite working in a niche market, I'm consistently challenged by the diversity of projects I get to work on. I think one of the best aspects of Haley Marketing is the supportive environment that encourages creative thinking. Ideas and suggestions are always welcomed and heard, and we are constantly coming up with ways to push the technical boundaries." -Tiffany
- "No good ideas are turned away! It's nice to be able to work somewhere that will embrace your ideas and give your the freedom and resources needed to make them successful." -Brad
- "We take a pretty progressive and forward thinking approach to developing every website. We also get to work with extremely talented people, both inside and outside of the creative team. Haley is filled with groups of rockstars in each department - it's awesome getting to play a role in all of that." -Brian
- "Out of the box thinking is the norm at Haley. It's a true team environment. Everyone is appreciated for their hard work, diverse talents and unique perspectives." -Cathy
- "The exciting work environment, dynamic and intelligent co-workers, and great (and accessible) management team make Haley Marketing the best place I've ever worked." -Matt
- "Great people to work with. Great people to work for. Innovative thinking - we're always changing and improving our products and processes. High energy environment and a casual office with a Keurig. And last but not least, our team has some of the cutest kids ever!" -Kelly
- "Haley provides me with the best of everything: challenge, flexibility, opportunities to grow and make a real impact on client's business success. Plus, a team who really gets it in terms of support, culture and work/life balance." -Mandy
- "The people are great. You will never be bored. And did I mention the people?" -Heather
Rick has been building web-based business solutions since 1996. His extensive background in systems integration, publishing, software engineering and operations provides him a unique perspective on product development; his focus is not on the nuts and bolts of software engineering, but on creating solutions that achieve business objectives.